- 1958 - Now known as Cold Lake South, the Town of Grand Centre was incorporated in 1958. During the same year, Assumption Parish was instituted and the first pastor was assigned in 1958. The first Assumption Parish church was built at the corner of 50 Avenue and Highway 28 where there is now a car dealership. The modest structure, a small wood-frame building measuring about 20 x 30 feet, was moved out of town in 1964.
- 1963 - A new Catholic school was built south of Highway 28 and 53 Street. It was named Assumption Elementary and Junior High School.
- 1964 - The current Assumption Catholic Church was built adjacent to and east of Assumption School. The church had a hexagonal design and a rectory was built adjoined to the east side of the church. The church occupies a large lot (over 3 acres in size) between Highway 28 and 47 Avenue.
- 1980 - Assumption Parish had a resident pastor from 1958 to 1980. From 1980 to the present, the parish was served by the pastor resident at St Dominic Parish in Cold Lake (now known as Cold Lake North). For many of the years between 1980 and 1996, the Assumption Church Rectory was vacant.
- 1984 - The organization of Assumption School changed in September 1984. Grades K to 6 were relocated to St Dominic School in Cold Lake North, and the High School at St Dominic School was relocated to Assumption School making it a Junior-Senior High School.
- 1996 - Assumption School rented two rooms in the Assumption Church rectory for administrative office space at the rate of $200 per month.
- 2000 - The Towns of Grand Centre and Cold Lake and the military community of Medley amalgamated to form the City of Cold Lake. A third room in the Assumption Church Rectory was rented to the school, but the rent rate of $200 per month was not increased. Meanwhile, the renters had been using the kitchen facilities, and the basement meeting room was used for the School Board and school staff meetings on a regular basis.
- 2003 - The rectory rental rate was doubled to $400 per month. At this time, the typical rent for commercial office space with similar facilities and size would have been between $9,000 and $10,000 annually.
- 2006 - Assumption Church threatened with closure and demolition.
- 2007 - Assumption Church has been saved and now remains open.
- St Paul Diocese 50th Anniversary Booklet (1948-1988)
- Some information was obtained during the public meeting at Assumption Church during Oct. 2006.